ExcelToDBF is an open source Add-in for Excel 2007 written in VB.NET enabling Excel users to accomplish two kinds of operations: saving an active Worksheet to DBF IV format and changing a DBF file using Excel.
New Version 2.2 Available! What's new?
Download the latest version.
To install the Add-in, unzip the content and double-click setup.exe.
The idea to develop this Add-in comes from the consideration that, unfortunately, in the new Excel 2007, the option of saving worksheets to DBF format has been removed despite some programs still use this format (i.e. Arcview 3.x) and many databases, especially those used for cartographics, were created in DBF format. Excel is still able to open DBF files. However, once they are open, an user can change data, but he cannot save changes. To convert data to DBF, an user is often obliged to use commercial software.
This Add-in is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3).
- Saving active Excel 2007 Worksheets to DBF IV format
- Saving changes made to a DBF file opened by Excel
- Two DBF variables supported: Char and Numeric
- Possibility of customising names and types of fields, number of chars for char fields and number of digits after decimal point for numeric fields
- Two languages supported: English and Italian
About the author
This Add-in was developed by Andrea Bonfiglio, (C) Copyright 2009.
Please report any suggestions and bugs to the following